The Jay County Boys Club was founded in 1953 and met in the basement of a local church. The organization moved the Boys Club to the Portland Armory and in the 90's a Girls Club was added.
In 2004 the center was given a new name and a new look - 2 multi-purpose gymnasiums, a second walking track, exercise room, comprehensive fitness center, conference room and office space.
The Jay Community Center is Home to the Boys' and Girls' Clubs of Jay County, Boomer youth sports and tournaments, adult recreational leagues and tournaments, and many senior activities.
| || |